Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Salary: TBD in Interview
Closing Date: Friday 12 April 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 23 May 2019
The International Islamic Academy of Uzbekistan seeks to appoint a Lecturer (assistant professor) specializing in the politics and internal relations. The successful applicant would be expected to start in September 2019.
The International Islamic Academy of Uzbekistan is a research-intensive unit that offers teaching which both challenges and enriches students. We provide a full range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
We carry out research across the disciplines of international relations and philosophy, but we place special emphasis on our research centres: Scientific Research And Innovative Projects Centre.
The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, and to make a contribution to the intellectual life of the Centre.S/he will also be in a position to contribute strongly to the Schoolʼs submission to the forthcoming Research Excellence Framework (REF).
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
– Generous annual leave entitlement
– Training and Development opportunities
– Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
– Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
– Free parking
– Competitive Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave provisions
This is a full time and permanent post.